Friday, May 11, 2018

The Rutles - Lunch - (C) Rutle Corps 2010

[I didn't want to post this without the permission of the original creator but it's been a while since I tried to contact him and still no answer. If he sees this and wants me to take it down I will.]

LUNCH is a unique collaboration between Rutle Corps and Circle of Hay celebrating the musical legacy of The Rutles. A legacy that will last long after other musical legacies have ended.

Born from a personal friendship and mutual admiration between now-retired Stig O'Hara and Circle founder Captain Liberty, LUNCH brings the manic energy of Circle of Hay together with the spirit and trousers behind the semi-legendary Prefab Four to create a vivid, intimate and powerful entertainment experience.

The southwestern cast of actors, riders and dancers channel a raw, amateur energy underscored by performance, rodeo and country square dance. With stereophonic sound and stereoscopic visuals, the audience experience The Rutles as not-quite before...

01 Lunch
02 Unfinished Words
03 Lonely-Phobia
04 Now She's Left You (transition)
05 Piggy in the Middle/Hold My Hand
06 Goose-Step Mama / It's Looking Good / Blue Suede Schubert
07 Ouch!
08 Another Day
09 Nevertheless/Joe Public
10 Good Times Roll
11 I Love You (transition)
12 Eine Kleine Middle Klasse Musik / Let's Be Natural
13 Questionnaire (transition)
14 Hey Mister!
15 We've Arrived! (And to Prove It We're Here)
16 Cheese and Onions
17 Shangri-La
18 Major Happy's Up And Coming Once Upon A Good Time Band (reprise)
19 Love Life

Reality Notes

Full Disclosure: I did nothing to this except split the full album MP3 into separate tracks. All credit goes to the original creator of this wonderful mashup and artwork (and the opening paragraphs of this post). Please visit the official website to get the full story.

Lunch is one man's loving attempt to create a Rutles equivalent to The Beatles Love album. If you liked Love and like The Rutles you will love Lunch. My only complaint is that the album is only available as a single video. While this is fine, the album is best to listen to in one go, the OCD in me wants the audio only with the tracks split to sit in the library better.

To accomplish this I downloaded the video and ripped the audio so that I could separate the tracks. I used the track by track description on the website to locate where I should mark the tracks (I hope I got them right). For the purists, I included the uncut MP3 file with the archive.

I've been wanting to do this for some time but only now got around to doing it. This is something special and I felt it should be shared. Please direct all praise for the incredible efforts and talent that went into the creation of this amazing work to the man who put it all together. The backstory alone is worth a hello to the author.

From the creator's website:

Disclaimer

This is a tribute...
Perhaps the most meta, niche tribute imaginable.

I've created this because I sincerely love these songs and the senses of humor that led to the creation of The Rutles.
I hope those people still have senses of humor.

This is not a for-profit enterprise - I make no money from this website.
I have expended tremendous amounts of time and effort (and money) on the production of the LUNCH audio, artwork and website.

It is my hope that this site and my effort will act as a tool of discovery, leading to the purchase of legitimate Rutles merchandise.

Legal

The Rutles were created by Eric Idle and Neil Innes.
The Rutles music was written by Neil Innes and is controlled by copyright.

The first Rutles album, The Rutles is controlled by Warner Music Group.
The second Rutles album, The Rutles Archaeology is controlled by Virgin/EMI.

2 comments:

  1. Love The Rutles, so trying this was a no-brainer. Two years to complete, though? If I didn't have it in two weeks I'd have given up, but I'm glad he had more patience than me. Here's a couple from my collection - a concert recording from 2004 and a rarities collection from 2010. Hope you enjoy them, even though they're low bit-rate. https://www107.zippyshare.com/v/uZc6EyCR/file.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've been a fan since the TV movie aired. I have a lot of Rutles boots (and everything official) but I did not have the 2004 show.

      Delete