Friday, December 14, 2018

Reina del Cid - Sunday Mornings With...The Originals

Here is a follow up to my Reina del Cid post a couple months back. This one focuses on the original songs they performed for their Sunday Mornings With... series.

I culled these 23 songs from more than 50 tracks. These folks are very prolific and continue to release a new song each week. Some are covers and some are originals.

Many of these songs have yet to appear on an album. I did my best to determine which songs were originals. It was usually declared in the video title or description and in some cases during the intros on the video itself. If any of these are covers they did a great job of making them their own.

01 Library Girl
02 1970
03 Let's Begin
04 All Time Low
05 Giving Up
06 Hold Me Before I'm Gone Forever
07 Blue Sky Armageddon
08 Sister, Don't Cry
09 Ferdinand
10 Million Girls
11 Runner in the Sun
12 Honey from the Bee
13 Woolf
14 O My Baby
15 Pretty Lie
16 Shot 'em Dead
17 Edge of the Universe
18 Soul Mines
19 Burn Out
20 Common Man
21 Queen Hazel
22 Up the Creek
23 Seasons

Reality Notes

I continue to be enamored by this band. Great songs and great musicianship. Always tasteful and never overstated. If you feel compelled to show your support they do have a Patreon page. This seems to be a common method for independent bands to fund their work.

I had a lot of material to choose from so I focused on unique tracks that have yet to find space on an album or were very different from the album versions. Many of these are song sketches that were either further developed or maybe even dropped for one reason or another but everything here is worthy of sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment