Friday, December 27, 2019

Melancholia Vol 19 - Singers and Songwriters

Time for another themed edition of  my Melancholia series just in time to finish off the year. This one focuses on the singer/songwriter genre that peaked in the early 1970s. Many of these artists are among my favorites and this genre is close to being comfort food for me so it surprises me that it's taken me so long to put this together. It has become a regular listen between everything else I've been listening to.

Some of these artists, Joan Beaz, Fred Neil, have their roots in the pre and early sixties folk movement and others, Neil Young, Glen Campbell, are on the fringe of the genre. Shawn Colvin is more contemporary but has carried on the tradition nicely, I love her first album.

Because many of these artist have appeared on other Melancholia editions, song choice was dictated as much by the need to avoid track duplication as it was by my own tastes and likes. Enjoy.

Tracklist

01 Loggins and Messina - House At Pooh Corner
02 Anne Murray - Danny's Song
03 Dave Loggins - Please Come to Boston
04 Joan Baez - Diamonds & Rust
05 Glen Campbell - Gentle on My Mind
06 Steve Goodman - The Dutchman
07 Harry Chapin - Cat's In The Cradle
08 Paul Simon - Something So Right
09 Carole King - Will You Love Me Tomorrow
10 Bruce Cockburn - Wondering Where The Lions Are
11 Leonard Cohen - Suzanne
12 Seals & Crofts - Summer Breeze
13 Cat Stevens - Moonshadow
14 Jim Croce - Lover's Cross
15 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
16 James Taylor - Carolina in My Mind
17 Joni Mitchell - The Circle Game
18 Fred Neil - Everybody's Talking
19 Shawn Colvin - Shotgun Down The Avalanche
20 Harry Nilsson - Me And My Arrow
21 Neil Young - Old Man

13 comments:

  1. Downloads are at the top of the page -https://whatif-misc.blogspot.com/p/downloads.html. This link is at the bottom of the list. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just discovered your blog.
    A lot of interesting stuff here - well done.

    Just a question re Melancholia collection - are 7 8 & 10 available ?
    B9J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading. 7 and 10 are still in limbo at the moment. They need a bit of refinement. 8 is up here but it was posted as a stand alone mixtape. It was the first volume I posted titled K-Tel Generation that followed a theme of early 70s AM radio hits. I should maybe fix the title of the post to be more clear.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am unable to download from Mega. Do you have any other resources?
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just tested the link and it worked or me. Try again and if you still have issues I can upload to we transfer or some other way. Just let me know.

      Delete
    2. I uploaded the file to WeTransfer. the link is only good for a week. Let me know if it works.

      https://we.tl/t-92JlcPnmjj

      Delete
    3. Got it! And it works!
      Thank you very much & thank you for a great album!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Uncle for the wonderful singers and songwriter tunes

    A great share

    Regards

    ReplyDelete