Friday, March 15, 2019

Melancholia - Volume 17 - The 90s What's Going On

This will be my last regular post for a while. Time is short these days and I'm having more fun reading everyone else's blogs. I'll keep an eye out for comments but my posting schedule for a while will look more like Sonic's and the other part-timers. I do have two more Melancholia volumes to post so you may see those sooner than later. Thanks for reading.

This is the most recent edition to my Melancholia series. The theme I was going for is mid-90s alternative rock or sometimes referred to as college rock. A mix of rock, grunge and dirty power pop, it was a good time for music.

When I started putting this together I consulted my younger brother and a few online lists for song titles. Between my brothers list and the lists online I ended up with about 50 songs and ended up putting together a three disc comp for my brother before trimming the list down to the 21 songs found here.

I've been enjoying this comp a lot and it is quickly becoming one of my favorite Melancholia editions. I drew the cover pic during a recording/rehearsal session for one of the bands I work with. The subtitle comes from the song What's Up by 4 Non Blondes. I never cared for the song but it is one of my brother's favorites so in concession for leaving the song off (I did put it on his multi disc version) I used the title here. Enjoy.

01 Alanis Morissette - Hand In My Pocket
02 Everclear - Santa Monica
03 Republica - Ready To Go
04 Cracker - Low
05 Bush - Glycerine
06 Green Day - When I Come Around
07 Pixies - Here Comes Your Man
08 Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song
09 Blink 182 - All The Small Things
10 The Divinyls - I Touch Myself
11 The Toadies - Possum Kingdom
12 Live - I Alone
13 Meat Puppets - Backwater
14 Weezer - Buddy Holly
15 Goo Goo Dolls - Slide
16 Presidents of the United States - Lump
17 Garbage - Only Happy When It Rains
18 Screaming Trees - Nearly Lost You
19 Nirvana - All Apologies
20 Smashing Pumpkins - I Am One
21 Collective Soul - December

No comments:

Post a Comment