Friday, November 16, 2018

Melancholia Vol 13/14

The following Melancholia sets were recorded on 45 minute tapes so I have bundled them into one post and download. They were named after phrases I found in magazine articles and advertisements. I used to cut them out to use as tape cover decorations along with pictures I would use for covers.

Bits Of Reality was compiled on the fly one night after a rough day at work. I was in a bad mood and chose songs to reflect my feelings. As the comp progressed my anger softened. You can almost hear my mood lift through the first four songs.

01 David Bowie - All the Madmen
02 The Rolling Stones - Dead Flowers
03 The Beatles - Baby You're a Rich Man
04 The Kinks - Celluloid Heroes
05 John Mellencamp - Pink Houses
06 Blues Image - Ride Captain Ride
07 Lou Reed - Wild Child
08 U2 - Seconds
09 The Band (ft The Staples) - The Weight
10 The Rascals - Mustang Sally

Tattered Furniture is almost a companion piece to Bits Of Reality. It was a little more planned out and not an emotional outburst. Four songs came from the same source. The songs from The Eagles, Uriah Heep, The Doors and Foghat all were found on another various artist album. It was a Warner Bros. double album called Heavy Metal Vol 1 (never did see a volume two). Despite the name the closest it got to heavy metal was a song each from Deep Purple and Black Sabbath. The rest was from the likes of The J. Giles Band and The Grateful Dead.

01 Eagles - Outlaw Man
02 Humble Pie - Natural Born Boogie
03 Uriah Heep - Stealin'
04 Ten Years After - I'd Love To Change The World
05 Fleetwood Mac - The Green Manalishi
06 The Beatles - Doctor Robert
07 Norman Greenbaum - Spirit in the Sky
08 Tom Petty - American Girl
09 The Doors - Touch me
10 The Guess Who - No Sugar Tonight - New Mother Nature
11 Foghat  - What A Shame
12 The Who - Pinball Wizard
13 Steve Miller Band - Take The Money And Run

No comments:

Post a Comment