Friday, July 9, 2021

Melancholia Vol 7

I have a few projects in that I am still playing with but nothing that's really ready to share but I have managed to complete the last missing volume of the Melancholia series.
 
This volume turned out to be sort of a catch-all edition that gathers a lot of songs that didn't seem to fit on the other discs but were played enough to warrant inclusion this collection. While there is no obvious theme there does seem to be an underlying country tinge.

This series is now up to 19 volumes with almost half of those being themed collection, This will probably be the last non-themed edition and maybe the last all together. Readers have most likely noticed the lack of activity here and that will continue to be the norm at least for a while. The last year has killed a lot of enthusiasm in me for many things, this hobby being one of them. I do have a few projects slowly cooking but I'm not going to make any promises as to when they might be done so hang in there.

[Side note: I have been updating some covers here, mostly for this series but one or two others. I have not updated the archives and have no plans to. So if you want the new ones just click on them then right click and save the image.]
 
Tracklist
01 Railroad Earth - Way of the Buffalo
02 Bruce Springsteen - Devils & Dust
03 Ricky Skaggs - Walls Of Time
04 Pat Benatar - We Belong
05 Los Lonely Boys - Heaven
06 Loretta Lynn - Portland, Oregon
07 John Hiatt - Take It Down
08 Modern English - I Melt With You
09 Goo Goo Dolls - Name
10 The Wonders - She Knows It
11 Switchfoot - Twenty-four
12 John Prine - Everything Is Cool
13 Extreme - Hole Hearted
14 REM - Everybody Hurts
15 Supertramp - Even In The Quietest Moments
16 Dwight Yoakam - 1,000 Miles
17 Sugarland - Stand Back Up
18 Prince - Wow
19 Waylon Jennings - Can't You See

4 comments:

  1. Thanks I look forward to listening to this and your future projects. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. anyone home? dang nabit, long time no hear. hope all is well. or is this sort of deceased?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta say I'm loving this disc in particular as it's the first of the Melancholia series I downloaded. Having said that,the whole thing has been a wonderful thing to behold! You've given me many hours of enjoyment (and discovery) so a very big thank you for the great job you've done. It's greatly appreciated! Excellent cover art too, by the way

    ReplyDelete